Saturday 15 October 2011

Latasha Armstead

Latasha Armstead 372936
Taychedah Correctional Institution
PO Box 1947
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1947





My name is La Tasha R. Armstead. I am currently 26 years old I was 13 years old at the time of my arrest and 15 years old when I got convicted of first degree homicide. I was sentenced to life with my parole set in 17 years which would be in 3 years (2-28-14).


Before my arrest, I was a quiet, shy, and a child with lots of pain and hurt built up inside. My birth mom chose to do drugs and run the streets instead of being a mother. I was raised by my grandma whose health started to deteriorate as the years past. At age six I had to start doing adult responsibilities, such as clean the house, dress my younger sister, care for my granny, sister and self. Then I started paying bills, going shopping for food and cooking added to what I was doing. I couldn’t get a legal job before my arrest, so I had to start selling drugs, from age six till my arrest. Since I was under a lot of mental and emotional pain, I ended up smoking weed, doing acid, and popping diet pills. I also tried Meth. I feared leaving my disabled grandma home alone, fearing someone would run in on her, while I’m away at school and hurt her. So I started missing a lot classes/ days at 4th thru 6th grade and was passed up anyways. I never made it to the 7th grade level being all that was going on and being in A. D.D./A.D.H.D.. as I have been for l3 years.


So far I have accomplished:.1)Anger management, 2.) Parenting,3. )Childhood abuse counseling, and 4) I’m finishing up math to receive my H.S.E.D.. It took long due to adjustment issues and I’m A.D.D./A.D.H.D..


I am now a woman whom even though was forced into the adult prison system, have grew into the maturity stage, I know how to respect and love myself, I have accepted Jesus Christ into my life, I’ve learned how to work and earn money. I have accepted responsibilities of mines and have made goals I aim to accomplish if I’m freed.


I believe I deserve a second chance because I’m human and I’m not perfect nor will I ever be. I made a big mistake without realizing it till too late. I took, not only the life of my victim, but also the victim’s family and my life as well. My world took a horrible spin and now that I’ve matured mentally, I want to get a second chance in order to give back to society by becoming a psychologist or social worker. I also want to open a place for troubled children. I now have a child of my own and don’t want him to fall into my past foot steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment