Thursday 16 February 2012

SOCIAL CONTRACT



Somehow people are starting to think of "entitlements' as 'extra unearned luxuries' that should be taken away during hard times. But the definition of an entitlement is a right that is granted by law or by nature, to which all are guaranteed access. True entitlements are basic needs not luxury items. When politicians insist on cutting 'entitlements' they need to ensure that only luxuries are on the cutting block not basic needs. We have forgotten the basic SOCIAL CONTRACT of rights and responsibilities that binds us together as a society. Society expects citizens to follow laws it has instated in order to protect individuals and institutions. Without these laws there would be chaos -- the strong would simply take anything they wanted and the rest would have no recourse. In return the social contract guarantees that if people follow these rules or responsibilities they will be guaranteed basic rights - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. A guarantee of life ensures they will have access to basic human needs of water, food and shelter needed to live and to support their family. Liberty involves the ability to engage in activities the individual wishes, as long as it does not violate the law. The pursuit of happiness is a guarantee that the laws are meant to be fair and provide an equal playing field for all members of society, so that through hard work and creative enterprise, all law-abiding citizens are free to strive to attain the wants and desires they believe will bring them happiness. -- Robert Alan Silverstein


Letter of support:Christy Phillips W-94100 C.C.W.F. P.O.BOX 1508 505-3-4up Chowchilla, Ca. 93610


www.change.org/petitions/justice-for-christy-clinton-phillips-cdc-w-94100

Find more photos like this on Advocates for Abandoned Adolescents

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful.

    Christy is obviously a beautiful, caring, intelligent, passionate, sensitive and dignified woman, a typical African American woman.

    If truth be told, if she is not released tomorrow, it is an outrage. The image of the social contract here is powerful, and has worldwide importance. There is an escalating crisis, where the innocence of humanity is turning to trash and the righteous warriors are cut down. Remember Hitler was elected. We're told he liked children.

    The message here in Christy's name is reminiscent of the civil rights movement, and of Martin Luther King, and again, it's inspiring to hear from the voice of black woman, reminding us of Rosa Parks.

    I am a survivor of multiple experiences of murder and rape, and have received only a morsel of justice. Some of the guilty are ranked amongst the great and good, internationally.

    I have suffered the murder of a child, of more than one lover, the destruction of my home, and barbaric treatment of my body. I was myself falsely accused and tired for murder. I was deprived of work in television and thrown out of my job as university teacher.

    I received hate mail, and doctors dismissed my life as “delusional” and I was imprisoned too in a hospital. I received reports from the Government telling me my family does not exist. This was my human right.

    In a First World democracy, I cannot get any basic services. I might have starved to death or killed myself on numerous occasions.

    The fundamental reason, I love women. Say this in a prosperous country, and sniggers spurt. The profit of the luck is sex.

    But the triumph and hope and need of humanity is that there are good people. Time and again the cynical and hideous light a false fire and crush the waves of innocence, taking it out above all on children, through sex crimes. Now is the most darkest time for the Earth and her children, and so the children of light will appear.

    At this time, it is the sisters who are needed. It is the sisters who suffer. Although I remain quite ill, I see sisters appearing.

    It's necessary to understand that sisters have awesome power, and humanity as a whole can unite to triumph. WE ARE FAR MORE POWERFUL THAN THEM. Their advantage is that they control power, to enslave, deceive, crush or kill.

    Now we face the climate crisis and may all die.

    Now we must suspend humility, “Perhaps I am wrong?”, and dare to be wise, strain to stretch a hand of love and friendship, look and see your pain, which is mine too, push away from lies, become a mother and give birth, defy fear, and throw over the tables of the empire.

    Love is not, to quote the social contract petition above, in any universe, a luxury. It is the only truth. And the absence of love is dangerous. The policy of love is the best Presidential platform.

    It is the one Christy deserves, and is her inalienable birth right.

    I am a writer, film maker and educator, and offer my services to Christy. I hope to recover as quick as I can. I too cannot be free tomorrow.

    Thank you for this beautiful site.

    Co-written by Christy's beauty.

    By Doctor Aruna Baker

    ReplyDelete